At Seasonal Kitchen, we love to cook what is at its best at any given time. Using what the land and sea provide us and cooking it with skill to create beautiful, tasty dishes. Below are a list of our upcoming cooking classes, but if you would like to book a bespoke cooking class for you, your friends or for a team away, contact us.
Made In Hackney – Masterclass – Gourmet Mushrooms (Growing & Cooking Edible Fungi) with Mark Breen and César Hernán Rizzo Gómez
Saturday 12th May 2018, 10:00am – 2:30pm
£70 (£55 Concessions)
Made In Hackney, Food For All Basement, 3 Cazenove Road London, N16 6PA
“We will share our passion and knowledge of cooking and growing gourmet mushrooms, as well as practical tips and recipes, so that you can bring delicious umami flavours to your meals”.
Mark Breen, Professional Chef & Cookery Tutor & César Hernán Rizzo Gómez, Urban Grower & Cook.
The class will include:
- How to cook different types of gourmet mushrooms to intensify their unique flavours and textures
- How to bring out the delicious ‘umami’ flavour of mushrooms
- How to grow gourmet mushrooms from used coffee grounds
- How to store your mushrooms correctly to get the best from them
- Various cooking techniques which will preserve the nutritional properties of mushrooms
- Tasty ‘tried and tested’ recipes using mushrooms as a starter, a main or a side dish
- A delicious organic plant based lunch and recipes to take home
César is an urban farmer and accomplished cook. He is the founder of ‘Article Number 25‘, an Urban Farming Company aiming to change the food system, which grows different varieties of mushrooms from used coffee grounds and converts unused spaces into farms.
Mark is a professional chef and cookery tutor, working with various cookery schools across the capital. He also runs Seasonal Kitchen, a company offering unique dining experiences and private chef services.